Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Probiotic Revolution

Continuing on with our Fall Lecture Series, we have another great one coming up this Wednesday November 11th. It is being held from 12:00 to 1:00 in our conference rooms. The topic of discussion is the "Probiotic Revolution" presented by Elizabeth Alama, pharmacist. I have had a lot of people asking me, "what is probiotics?" and to be honest with you I really didn't know. I decided I needed to know at least a little of what I was talking about so I Googled it. Wow! I got more info than I could process, at least at 5:30 in the morning. Fortunately one of the nurses from the hospital came by so I asked her about it. Reader Digest version is as follows-it has to do with the microorganisms that naturally live in our large intestine and gut. We need to have a proper balance and so much of the foods that we eat, medications we take all contribute to getting us out of balance. So, you need to come to this lecture and find out what we can do to get our bodies back in balance, to help our immune systems and improve our general health.

No comments:

Post a Comment